3 - 5 years
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and/or with the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Lead Maintenance person is responsible for coordinating, assigning and executing installation, maintenance and repair work of equipment and the facility as well as the associated mechanical, plumbing, HVAC and related systems at Vaupell by performing the following duties listed.
A thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of tasks is required.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, using electrical and mechanical test equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Initiate the purchase and installation of repair parts for systems, equipment and this facility.
- Maintain necessary inventory of parts and supplies for equipment.
- Dismantle and install machines and equipment as necessary.
- Install and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Repair/replace gauges, valves, regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Experience with moldings machines, die heaters, driers and CNC equipment a plus.
- Deal tactfully with employees, contractors and managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 10 years exp. In maintenance and repair of equipment, machinery, and facilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid driver's license and certified forklift-training certificate. Welding course certificates not necessary but are helpful.
Job ID: 234581012