Industry specific training will be provided. Great growth opportunities!
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Splice and repair fiber optic cables using single and mass fusion equipment.
• Terminate fiber with pig tails or Unicam components.
• Test fiber using Optical Time Domain (OTDR) or power meter and light source, testing with a light identifier.
• Install required splice capsules and hardware.
• Maintain existing plant without causing signal failure interruptions.
• Maintain test documentation.
• Maintain project tracking information (production sheets, time sheets, and customer required paperwork).
• Maintain Testing, Splice equipment, trailers, and vehicles.
• Proficient at completing certification testing of fiber optic systems.
• Keep a safe working environment.
• Proficient in the use of all test and splicing equipment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Highly independent, self-starter, responsible and attentive to detail.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Ability to work aloft up to 50’ in a bucket truck, ladder, and/or climb utility poles.
• Understand construction prints and splice schematics.
• Proficient with MS Office.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and complete DOT physical.
• This job will include approximately 75% travel.
• Overtime outside of normal workday hours may be required.
• Able and willing to be on call 24 hours, travel, and work nights/weekends.
• Able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions.
Job ID: 245839579