Less than 1 year
Unbox Your Potential.
FedEx Ground is now hiring a Maintenance Tech I-II.
6120 South Meadows Drive, Grove City, OH 43123
The Maintenance Tech I-II supports the FedEx Ground facility electro-mechanical maintenance effort through rudimentary operational knowledge of mechanical power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/industrial electrical machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repair.
- Performs assigned rudimentary preventative maintenance work according to FXG standards ensuring all instructions are followed and that each step is fully executed.
- Demonstrates ability to follow procedures directed by work orders or higher level technicians to conduct rudimentary troubleshooting preventative maintenance and repair
- Responds promptly to sort calls; diagnoses the failure; makes required repairs.
- Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
- May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time, midnight and sunrise schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
- No experience required -- 1 year of light industrial maintenance, such as power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/electrical experience preferred. Related military technical experience in electrical and/or mechanical trades will be considered equivalent to preferred light industrial experience.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment. (Required)
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with immediate management. (Required)
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. (Required)
Schedule TBD; however, will include weekend shifts
Click to apply.
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce.
Job ID: 255616630