1 - 3 years
General Summary: Maintenance Technicians responsible for servicing and maintaining equipment located in the Lab.
1st Shift: Monday-Friday (6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
2nd Shift: Sunday-Thursday (4:30 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains Preventative Maintenance on all equipment.
- Maintains weekly PM checklists with all maintenance duties on them and PM checklists by the machines.
- Communicates with various Help Desks to fix various machines.
- Services and Maintains CNC Edgers by cleaning daily, fixing any broken or out of calibration parts, and recalibrate.
- Services and Maintains CNC Generators by performing weekly greasing and lube checks. Turn cutters and calibrate when needed.
- Maintains Edger by changing cutters and making sure the filters are clean.
- Maintains Blocker by keeping filters clean and wax drawers clean and do weekly checks for prism and axis.
- Uses ours and others ideas to fabricate systems and machines to make production easier or bettter quality.
- Responsible for sourcing machine parts at lowest cost (i.e. Internet vs. Manufacturer).
- Follows company's "Lock out /Tag out" procedures and suggest improvements to safety measures.
- No specific education is required.
- 1 year previous experience as a Maintenance Technician and facilities maintenance.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Prior experience in the optical industry preferred.
- Requires accuracy in the performance of routine work.
- Repetitive job requiring some mental effort and occasional organization and planning.
Skills: Optical machinery, industrial maintenance, mechanical maintenance, preventative maintenance, equipment repairs
Job ID: 256405290