Blommer has been providing delicious, high quality chocolate and cocoa products to customers since 1939. Built as a family business, we are continuing to grow and are looking for motivated and reliable associates to help in our mission of Bringing Chocolate to Life!
Job Title: Maintenance & Reliability Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Sign-on Bonus: $2,500
Provide technical expertise to assess and monitor all process equipment, conduct reliability studies on existing equipment and recommend needed improvements to improve equipment performance. Oversee maintenance department, provide day-to-day leadership, supervision, and direction for the maintenance team to ensure an efficient, cost effective operating facility. Assist with technical troubleshooting as required. Analyze equipment performance and maintenance operations to drive improvements to human safety, food safety, product quality, and overall productivity. Analyze engineering design concepts and recommend design and test methods for attaining specified product operational reliability requirement.
Equipment Reliability and Analysis (70%)
- Develop, design, and oversee preventive and predictive efforts in order to minimize reactive repairs and unscheduled equipment downtime
- Determine critical component performance on equipment to ensure excellent reliability and extended operating life. Make recommendations and implement measures to improve reliability of critical components.
- Implement equipment asset plans using various reliability techniques such as Risk Based Inspections (RBI) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM).
- Test the reliability of critical components, sub-assemblies prior to production phases and implementation of equipment. Plan and schedule maintenance tasks in order to achieve reliability objectives.
- Develop and implement means to capture failure data. Monitor and analyze failure data and furnish reliability test reports; determine root cause and propose and implement design modifications/solutions to improve reliability.
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data and operator observations to recommend equipment improvements.
- Standardize procedures, equipment, operations where possible and practicable to ease operator usage of equipment.
- Work across disciplines and with cross-functional teams to understand customer usage and site factors impacting reliability of equipment.
- Assist in capital projects as needed, providing technical support for installation and start-up support of all new critical equipment.
- Support operational continuous improvement efforts as technical resource, evaluating current equipment performance, reviewing design and identifying equipment recommendations.
Maintenance Department Leadership (30%)
- Provide leadership for maintenance staff through effective communication, coaching, training and development. Define future state, set departmental goals, and communicate goals with supervisory staff, gain support and commitment. Ensure functional area goals are aligned to operational and organizational goals. Act as model of Blommer’s core values in the treatment of employees and customers.
- Measure staff against core values and ensure commitment and accountability.
- Monitor and track Maintenance Department KPIs; develop and prime-move initiatives to continuously upgrade Department performance.
- Manage the maintenance resources and coordinate maintenance activities with operations in order to efficiently execute preventive maintenance and repair routines.
- Ensure all safety and quality procedures and policies are followed on a consistent basis. Inspect and complete confined space entry and hot work permits. Perform accident investigation as necessary, identify root cause and corrective action
- Build and maintain relationship between maintenance and operations to create an optimal balance between equipment operation and reliability, preventative maintenance activities.
- Provide assistance and technical support to operations in order to identify and eliminate sources of waste.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Maintenance Management and Reliability Excellence with manufacturing equipment.
- Food industry experience or Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) a plus.
- Proficient in current computer software – CMMS, Microsoft Office, charting.
- Knowledge and application of lean tools, statistical tools, root cause analysis, failure mode & effect analysis, statistics
- Knowledge and use of schematics, test equipment, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital thermometers, pressure meters, data loggers and other reliability tools.
- Knowledge in using reliability prediction and calculation techniques for repairable and non-repairable systems.
Blommer Chocolate Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.