LCB Senior Living is looking for Maintenance Directors as we grow in the Norwood, Massachusetts area!!! Come join a great company that values you and your skills!!
Active member of the management team and assists the Executive Director with the management of the community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the basic functions of this position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
1. Promote the mission and core values of the Residence and LCB Senior Living to residents, visitors, co-workers and the surrounding community.
2. As a department head you are expected to have an active role in growing community occupancy by representing and interacting positively with potential residents, family members and professionals.
3. Performs all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
4. Ensures the Maintenance Department operates in accordance with all LCB Senior Living policies and procedures within budgetary guidelines.
5. Performs routine maintenance of residence property and grounds.
6. Performs routine maintenance and repair on the residence building systems and equipment.
7. Ensures work area is free of hazardous conditions and ensures safety rules and regulations are adhered to.
8. Develops effective staffing and scheduling patterns to ensure delivery of quality housekeeping and laundry services.
9. Supervises trash removal. Works with and monitors all departments with regard to sanitation.
10. Maintains in-house key system
11. Conducts and/or attend all required in-service trainings and/or orientations.
12. Follows and enforces all established safety procedures and precautions when performing maintenance service.
13. Chairs the Community Safety Committee.
14. Replaces burned out light bulbs for exit lights, overhead lights, room call lights, exterior lights, etc.
15. Establishes and maintains strong preventive maintenance schedules.
16. Establishes and updates fire safety plan. Holds fire drills quarterly for each staffing shift. Participates in the Safety Committee.
17. Orders and maintains proper inventory levels of maintenance supplies.
18. Assists in negotiating and managing outside bids for maintenance contracts.
19. Oversees all outside vendors working in and around building and grounds, including landscaping, building renovations, HVAC repairs and inspections, elevator repairs and inspections, etc.
20. Acts as contact person for vendors performing maintenance jobs.
21. Maintains service on company vehicles.
22. Liaison with local fire and inspectional agencies.
23. Maintains E-call system in good working order.
24. Tracks monthly budgets (supplies and purchased services).
25. Ensure adherence to residents personal and property rights; maintain confidentiality of residents at all times.
26. Interviews and trains maintenance and housekeeping staff.
27. Assesses staffing needs and establishes a work schedule for the maintenance department, including weekly time keeping duties.
28. Maintains contracts binder.
29. Coordinates and assists with the moving of residents in and out of the residence and within the residence.
30. May participate in Manager-On-Duty program.
31. Other duties as requested.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Good physical and mental health. Finger and hand dexterity to handle and manipulate instruments and equipment. Visual and auditory acuity. Must be able to lift a minimum of twenty-five (25) lbs., and be able to carry objects. Must be able to push and pull carts, and continuously walk, sit and stand. Must be able to turn, crouch, kneel, stoop, bend below waist, and reach above shoulder height as tasks dictate. Must use good body mechanics. Must be able to use tools, cleaning equipment, such as hammer, drill, screwdriver, mops, brooms, vacuum cleaners, shampoo and extraction machines, buffers, lawn mowers, shovels, snow blowers, and chemicals in a safe manner. Must be able to perform routine, repetitive tasks with consideration for residents, visitors, and any worker in the area. Must project a positive attitude towards the service provided.
Associate may be subject to potential exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials, and to handling hazardous chemicals (either Category 1 or 2).
EQUIPMENT NECESSARY TO OPERATE TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Residence vehicle.
2. Lawn mower and other yard equipment.
3. Assorted work tools.
4. Industrial size vacuum and/or floor buffer.Qualifications
a. The job description qualifications (certifications, experience, training), job functions, including limitations may vary with individual states. For more details see the LCB Senior Living policy guide for your state.
b. Knowledge, skills and abilities : Knowledge of maintenance functions and techniques, OSHA standards, state and local fire codes and other safety regulations required. The ability to organize and provide the maintenance needs of the residence, and to work with outside vendors and contractors as required.
c. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. Requires frequent heavy lifting, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and stretching. Requires moving of heavy furniture, equipment and boxes.
d. Education : High school diploma or GED is preferred.
e. Experience : Four or more years maintenance experience is required, preferably in the health care industry.
f. Certificates/Licenses : HVAC certificate preferred. Valid driver’s license in the state employed is required.
Job ID: 286705889