- Sterling, Virginia
This job ad was removed 7 days ago. It either:
- Has been filled
- Was taken down by the employer
- Didn’t pass our most recent quality check
Search for other opportunities and apply to jobs you're interested in as soon as you can to ensure you don't miss out!
Performs a variety of non-technical operations and exhibits exceptional quality and quantity. The General Helpers position is a critical or key component in the success and the flow of the machine shop. The top priority is to support the CNC Machinists in any way that they can. Works under general supervision. Although the location of the position is in Sterling, VA, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for general maintenance such as sweeping, mopping, emptying trash cans, etc.
- Responsible for efficiently unloading trucks, cut stock, and deliver material to specific machines
- Machines various parts on manual equipment with guidance from set-up crew
- Runs production parts on CNC machines, deburrs and operates.
- Finisher- tumbles machined parts, polishes extrusions, bead blasting
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a maintenance shop or manufacturing environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong sense of ethical conduct
- Strong ability to take initiative/ownership
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job ID: 353852304